CG Environmental Creates Safer Indoor Environments
We live in a world where we’re constantly learning and gaining new information. What we used to think of as harmless, we now know is very toxic. Asbestos is one of those things. Unfortunately, this material was used in building materials for years before it was discovered just how dangerous it could be. If you have asbestos present in your home or commercial space, you may be wondering what to do about it. The team at CG Environmental is here the help you eradicate the problem with our asbestos removal services. We know how to safely and effectively remove all traces of this harmful material, so you can get back to life without worry. Reach out to us today to learn more or to schedule an inspection at your home.
What Is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that is made up of soft, flexible fibers. It became popular in the manufacture of many products due to its beneficial properties, such as its resistance to heat, electricity, and corrosion. Asbestos is also an effective insulator and can be used to create stronger cloth, paper, cement, plastic, and other materials. Manufacturers used asbestos in thousands of products before the potential dangers were discovered and regulations were put in place in the 1970s. Today, we’re still attempting to clean up all the asbestos that was widely used before this time.
Why Is Asbestos Dangerous?
It wasn’t until many years after its use in manufacturing became widespread that the dangers of asbestos were discovered. The danger lies in the disruption of materials containing asbestos, as this can create harmful asbestos dust. Though microscopic, asbestos dust can contain countless mineral fibers, which can be easily breathed in by humans and become permanently trapped in the body. Over many years, these asbestos fibers can cause numerous health concerns, particularly relating to the lungs. For this reason, asbestos can be incredibly dangerous if it’s present in homes and businesses, as it can put everyone who lives or works there at risk.
Common Health Concerns Associated with Asbestos
Exposure to asbestos has been known to cause numerous health issues in individuals. Those who work directly with materials containing asbestos, as well as those who live in home with disturbed asbestos materials, can suffer many negative consequences. The effects can be especially devastating, as symptoms don’t usually appear until years later when it’s too late to take action. Some of the most common health concerns related to asbestos exposure include:
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is an aggressive form of cancer that is characterized by a malignant tumor that can form in the lungs, abdomen, or heart due to inhaled asbestos fibers.
- Various Other Cancers: Asbestos inhalation can cause other forms of cancers as well, including lung, ovarian, and laryngeal cancer.
- Lung Disease: Exposure to asbestos can lead to progressive lung disease and other serious lung conditions like pleuritis, pleural plaques, and pleural effusions.
- Asbestosis: Asbestosis is a chronic lung condition caused by the inhalation of asbestos fibers. It can result in shortness of breath and a chronic cough, as well as other health problems.
- Additional Health Concerns: Trapped asbestos fibers can cause many health concerns as the years pass, including inflammation, scarring, and even genetic damage.
We Provide Safe Asbestos Removal & Remediation
Because the dust is so dangerous, asbestos must be handled and removed by a professional to ensure safety. CG Environmental has a team of experts to effectively complete asbestos removal at your site. We outfit our workers with the appropriate gear, equipment, and knowledge to safely dislodge, collect, and dispose of asbestos. In addition, once the asbestos materials are removed, we can return your space to a fully safe environment by removing any trace of the substance with our asbestos remediation services. You should never attempt to remove any asbestos material on your own, as improper techniques can release harmful fibers into the air. Hiring a qualified professional will ensure:
- Safety: Our asbestos specialists have the advanced equipment and protection to ensure all asbestos is removed without releasing harmful fibers into your home or business.
- Adherence to Local Requirements: There are local rules and regulations about the safe removal of asbestos that must be met. Our team will ensure we adhere to all rules.
- Effective Removal: With a substance as dangerous as asbestos, you don’t want to leave anything up to chance. A team of professionals will ensure all traces of asbestos are effectively removed.
Contact CG Environmental Today
If you are concerned about the presence of asbestos in your home or commercial space, the team at CG Environmental is here to help. Even if you are unsure, we can complete thorough testing to determine if asbestos is present. If we do locate some on your property, we can then begin the process of safely and effectively removing it. Please reach out to us today to schedule an appointment at your property.